Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Author Interview: Hope Malory

           

Carly's View welcomes writer Hope Malory, author of Rhythm in Blue.

What made you decide to become a writer?
Writing a novel was a long-time dream—one I never imagined would happen. After I retired and became restless, I sat at the computer to see what might happen if I tried to write. Immediately, I fell in love with the creative process and haven’t stopped writing since.

Who are some of your favorite authors and why?
My favorite genres are romance (of course!) and mystery. John Grisham tops the list for mystery. I have too many in romance to name, but my first choices are Nora Roberts, Debbie Macomber, Nicholas Sparks, Susan Mallery, Kristan Higgins, and Jill Shalvis.

If you could be any character in any book, who would it be and why?
I love to read about strong heroines. Years ago I read Barbara Taylor Bradford’s Woman of Substance and was impressed by Emma Harte’s grit and determination and her rags-to-riches story. Although I wouldn’t want to go through some of the conflicts she experienced, I do admire her tenacity and strength.

Do you have any hobbies you would like to share?

Travel isn’t a hobby, but I love to explore wonderful new places here in the US and abroad. My husband and I share this passion and go on journeys whenever we can.

Tell me about your first kiss? Was it magical or not so magical?

The first ever – not so much, but with my husband it was definitely magical. We were good friends for months before the kiss. No romantic sparks until he spontaneously kissed me one night. Wow! It was the kiss you read about in romance novels. We began dating and are now living our happily ever after.

Do you have another career besides writing? If so, what is it?

I retired from a 30-year career in education. Now I write full time.

What’s an item on your bucket list that you haven’t done yet?

It’s a long list but going on a Mediterranean cruise is one. I’m excited to say we have a trip booked for April 2020.

Tell us the best vacation you have ever been on.
Although we’ve been fortunate to go to some cool places, the dream trip was when we went to Europe. We started in London, went to Paris, Lucerne in Switzerland, and on to Tuscany, Florence, and Rome in Italy. All were spectacular, but two other events made it even more special. Not only was our anniversary that week, but after we visited the Alps and returned to the tour bus, I checked email and found one from Soul Mate who is my current publisher informing me they wanted to publish my debut novel. We bought champagne and celebrated with everyone on our tour bus.

Where do you find the inspiration for your books?

Everywhere. Family, friends, places I’ve been, things I see, current events. My novels contain adventure, beautiful settings, and family. My first in the series, Wildfire and Roses, started in Yosemite and the Lake Tahoe area and ended in my fictional town Azalea Valley in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. Rhythm in Blue continues in the small-town where family and residents look out for one another.

Is there anything else you would like to share with your fans?
With so many books on the market, I want to say a huge thank you for choosing to read my books. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them.

Author Bio:

Transported by books as a child, Hope Malory developed an interest in writing in second grade when she discovered poetry. Those early seeds, along with a penchant for happy endings, led her to fulfill her dream of becoming a romance novelist.

After a rewarding career, Hope traded in a commute, traffic, and early mornings for inventing strong-willed characters and putting them in unpredictable situations.

Now, whether relaxing on the beach, traveling with her husband, or spending time at home, she is busy writing her next novel.


Social Media Links:


Website: www.hopemalory.com

Facebook: www.Facebook.com/HopeMalory

Twitter: www.twitter.com/hope_malory

Instagram: www.instagram.com/hopemalory

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/hope-malory

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18522356.Hope_Malory


Blurb from Rhythm in Blue:
Reeling from a broken relationship, Brenner McLemore says goodbye to men and dreams of a family to focus on her other loves—art and dance. That is until Garrett Davenport, her former college instructor and nemesis, arrives in Azalea Valley to step into the director’s position in the dance studio where she teaches—exactly the job Brenner wants.

Garrett finds life in the small town a challenge while he works with the beautiful and talented Brenner. When they match passions in a sensual dance before an audience, Garrett realizes their budding relationship threatens to derail his chance for a coveted position at his former university.

Brenner, struggling to regain her footing, begins to choreograph a new future, but will it be enough? Will their love take flight or will the curtain fall?


Excerpt from Rhythm in Blue:

Garrett extended his hand. The gentle squeeze when Brenner placed her hand in his calmed any remaining tension. Together they glided onstage and assumed positions, their gazes riveted on each other as the music escalated. Brenner mirrored his every move. In flawless sync, they swayed and floated to the strains matching the ebb and flow of the melody. Retreating and advancing. He tossed her into the air; she spiraled suspended in a transformed reality. Like being lifted outside of herself, she lost consciousness of everything except the dance and the man she loved. In a fluid move, he caught her. She slid down his body inch by inch, her hands skimming his face and grazing his chest. Their moves were precise. Intimate. Sensual. Time stopped. There was only Garrett.


*******************************************************

Carly Jordynn is an author of young adult, new adult, and middle-grade fiction.






No comments:

Post a Comment