Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Introducing Carly's Newest Book, Sasha Bishop: Shifter

Hey, I'm on my own blog today. That rarely happens. I'm currently filling my calendar with great new authors for you to read about in 2016.  Usually, I feature an author and their newest release. Since I don't have one this week, I will share the hook and blurb for my June release, Sasha Bishop: Shifter.


Her classmates are becoming vampires. Sasha is accused of being their Sire. The one person she thought she could trust has turned against her. . . prom and graduation are looming. Will she figure out the mystery of her twin in time?

Did that catch your interest? If so, read on for the blurb and a short excerpt. . .

Sasha Bishop is the Slayer. With her Halfling and Vampire allies by her side, she had fought and won a vampire war. Now some of her classmates are missing. When they resurface as vampires; they accuse Sasha as being their Sire. 

The trouble begins when Sasha’s 168-year old, vampire boyfriend, Hutch, sides with the newborns. It takes the war to a whole new level. Angry and hurt, Sasha finds comfort with handsome vampire, Rhydian McDavid, who has an alarming connection to her Slayer past. Now, she must pair up with some unlikely allies to stop a vampire massacre at the Prom, all while being crowned the Prom Queen.

The battle doesn’t stop there. The Vamps of Craig’s Creek are back with a vengeance and plan on making Graduation a buffet. A storm, tornado, and some surprising revelations, guarantee Sasha’s life will never be the same.

Excerpt from Sasha Bishop: Shifter. . .

I found Preston’s body. He was still breathing. I checked his neck. He had been bitten. “Preston, are you burning?”

He tried to focus his eyes on me. His glasses were askew on his nose. I straightened them. “Is that better?”

He pulled the glasses from his face. “Now it is.” He held his glasses out in front of him. “How odd, I can see better without them.”

I took a deep breath. “You’ve been bitten by a vampire. You’re turning into one.”

He seemed amused. “Sasha, really, we have had this conversation. There is no such thing as vampires. I think this whole vampire themed prom has gone to your head.”

I yanked him off the floor. “Look at that trail of blood. It’s yours. It came from your neck.”

He stared at the blood. His mouth opened in protest. “This cannot be. They do not exist.”

“Preston, snap out of it. You are changing, although I have to admit, you are the calmest newborn I have ever encountered. Not to mention, you are changing at an amazingly rapid rate.”

He rolled his eyes. “You’re crazy, Sasha. I am not a vampire. I’m going to get a bandage for my wound and then a mop to clean up this mess.”

I stamped my foot. “I am not crazy. You are a blood-sucking creature of the night.”

“That is just gross and uncalled for. I will not listen to your nonsense any longer.” He walked away towards the nurses’ station.

I stood there, open-mouthed, for a full minute. For once, I wasn’t sure if I should kill a vamp or not. I mean, what do you do when they are in total denial as to what they have become? He didn’t even seem thirsty. I finally shook myself out of the strange moment and determined to deal with Preston later.

I hope you enjoyed your taste of Sasha Bishop: Shifter. The book releases in June through Soul Mate Publishing.







No comments:

Post a Comment