Sunday, September 11, 2022

The Best Laid Plans...

 Hello!  The past couple of months have been hectic to say the least. My goal was to start writing again and to revamp everything Carly Jordynn.  My last post was on July 2nd. On the 11th of July, my mom entered the ICU at the hospital for what ended up being a month and a half stay. Her temperature dropped to 87 and her BP bottomed out. I was told unexplained hypothermia. It was July, unless she was sitting naked on an iceberg, I don't know how her temp dropped that low. She spent 3 1/2 weeks in ICU and the rest at a skilled nursing facility. She came home around the end of August and the next day was doing the laundry. LOL. Did I mention she is 86 and feisty as all get out?

I actually did get some things done.  The website has been completely redone with a new look. Check it out at Carly's Website.  I am in the process of getting my rights back on my previously published books.  I have had new editing done and have plans to get the Forest of the Mist series and the Retired Slayer series, new cover art. In addition, all three books from each series will now be in one book. There will be added bonus materials too. I don't have a relaunch date yet but am hoping for early 2023 for both series.  My middle-grade book, Levy Jupiter Kincaid will get new cover art also. Hoping to have that launched by the end of this year.

I am currently working on two young adult fiction books tentatively titled, Thornewilde and the other The Reunion. I also have a non-fiction book in the works, Born to be Mine. It is a project near and dear to my heart. 

I also have a plan for this blog. I am thinking of doing a series of mini lessons on writing and the industry. I will update when I am ready to launch those sessions.

I will still host guest bloggers who want to be on Carly's View. Just reach out to me at carlyjordynn@gmail.com and we will get a date for you.

That's all for now. Thank you for your patience and for being a fan.

*******************************************************

Carly Jordynn is an author of adult, young adult, new adult, and middle grade fiction. She resides in Kentucky with her family and two cats, Harley Vivian Cat and Evie Storm Cat. Carly is the author of the young adult series, Forest of the Mist and the young adult paranormal series, Retired Slayer. When Carly isn't writing she likes to travel, read, go out with friends, and people watch for the next great story idea. Follow Carly on social media on Facebook at www.facebook.com/carlyjordynn777 or visit her website at www.carlyjordynn.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment