Monday, October 15, 2018

Author Interview with Leigh Fleming

Today we welcome writer Leigh Fleming, author of Stay Hidden. Leigh creates unique characters facing life’s challenges, but who are always rewarded with their happy ending. Her latest release, Stay Hidden, the first in her Hidden series, won the Lone Star Writing Contest for romantic suspense in 2017. She’s also the author of Whatever You Call Me, Whatever You Say, and Whatever We Are.

What made you decide to become a writer? I’ve been a life-long reader. Whenever I’d finish a really captivating book, I’d think about how I would’ve changed the story, created an alternative ending in my mind, or simply wish I could’ve written like that. For years I said I would write a book someday. So, I did.

Who are some of your favorite authors and why? Judith McNaught is by far my favorite romance author when it comes to contemporary (1990’s) and historical. I’m so excited she’s finally putting out another book this year. For romantic suspense, it’s Sandra Brown. Beyond that, there are too many other authors to list.

If you could be any character in any book, who would it be and why? Claire in Outlander. Why? Two words—Jamie Fraser!

Do you have any hobbies you would like to share? Besides reading, I like scrapbooking and card making. I wish I could say sky diving or bungee jumping, but I’m not that adventurous.

Tell me about your first kiss? Was it magical or not so magical? So NOT magical. My first kiss was in 7th grade at the little league opening day carnival. Frank, who was in eighth grade and my first boyfriend, kissed me right in the middle of the carnival grounds. It was awful! I didn’t know what I was doing and all I could think about was my mother catching us.

Do you have another career besides writing? If so, what is it? I am a full time writer. I’ve had several “careers”—administrative assistant, marketing assistant, substitute school teacher, owner of a scrapbook store and later a scrapbook retreat house. I gave up my businesses to write full time.

What’s an item on your bucket list that you haven’t done yet? Make the New York Times Bestseller List.

Tell us the best vacation you have ever been on. A few years ago, four of us flew to England, rented a car, and drove through the countryside, eventually ending up in Edinburgh, Scotland. I loved it!

Where do you find the inspiration for your books? Life! My books are all set in current day and incorporate the issues many of us face or we hear on the news.

Is there anything else you would like to share with your fans? Thank you for reading my books. I appreciate every one of my readers. They’re the best!


Blurb for Stay Hidden:

Riley Smith has something her abusive ex-boyfriend thinks belongs to him. Her. If she doesn’t keep moving, he’ll beat her all the way back to the life she ran away from two years ago. But the picturesque town of Highland Springs, West Virginia, has started to feel like home. She’s gotten a good job. Made a few friends. Ones who don’t know the Riley she once was.

FBI agent Derek Bronson is hunting the man who killed his father in a bank robbery spree, although his week of passion with Riley Smith is sure as hell making it hard to concentrate. Until a convenience store surveillance photo identifies her as an accomplice.

Riley’s only option is to help flush out the men behind the crime, exposing a past she had hoped would Stay Hidden. But the situation is far worse than she ever dreamed. Now she and Derek must fight to stay alive.

Excerpt from Stay Hidden:

It was him. She would recognize that voice anywhere. How had he found her? She had been so careful this time—kept a low profile, changed her long hair to blond, only paid in cash, replaced her track phone every couple of months. How had he traced her to Highland Springs?

Riley couldn’t wait another second. He could be out of that truck and tackling her to the ground in a flash. She ran the final few yards to her porch. Her hand shook so violently, she couldn’t get her key in the lock. With another look over her shoulder, she nearly lost her breath when the driver leaned his head out the window as he drew alongside the curb. His dark, wavy bangs flopped over his forehead, looking so much like—

“Excuse me.”

Stars danced in front of her face.

“Hey, can you tell me how to get to College Avenue?”

She blinked a few times as the keys clattered in her hand. Her vision cleared, and this time when she cast a look over her shoulder, she didn’t see a memory, but a dark-haired teenager who looked nothing like him.

“I’m sorry, Miss? I can’t find College Avenue.”

He didn’t even sound like him.

“Oh, um, okay.” Her mouth was so dry, she could barely speak. “It’s um . . .” Her arm felt weighted down as she pointed up the street. “It’s two more blocks that way.”

“Great. Thanks. Sorry to bother you.”

Riley sagged against the screen door as the old pickup pulled away. She trudged to the edge of her porch, sank onto the top step, and dropped her head into quivering hands. Another false alarm. Her mind, yet again, playing tricks on her. When would she stop seeing his face, hearing his voice? Not until he slipped up and was thrown in jail. Until then, she would keep facing the fear she’d had since leaving Kentucky. She’d keep feeling it—and she’d keep running.

Buy Link for Stay Hidden:


Email:       leigh@leighfleming.com
Instagram: @lhfauthor

*******************************************
Carly Jordynn is the author of young adult, adult, and middle grade fiction. You can follow Carly on social media at the below links.

www.facebook.com/carlyjordynn777
www.carlyjordynn.com
www.twitter.com/@CarlyJordynn






No comments:

Post a Comment