Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Back to School / Plexus / and Upcoming Events

Hey Guys, it's Carly! I'm on my own blog today and thought I would update you on a few things.

Today is the first day of school. My little darling is in the eighth grade. I can't believe she is that old. Her school is striking out on a new way of learning. I'm not sure how we will adjust to that. Frankly, I don't know why, when the student is in their last year of middle school, that they have to change everything. It wouldn't be bad if they were doing this program in high school, but they are not! I feel like we may have a struggle this year. She has an IEP and I am not sure how it will work with the new program. When I asked the counselor at the end of last year about it, she responded, "Her needs will be met." Really? Not what I asked, lady. Oh well, guess we'll see what happens.

Plexus update. I started Plexus on August 5th. I highly recommend this stuff. I was skeptical at first. I didn't believe it could be the solution I had been looking for. I have what I like to refer to as "tummy tantrums." I have been to doctors who have prescribed IBS medicine, allergy medicine, and tests to be ran. Nothing worked. Each morning I got up, vomited, and then went on with my day. I am also "fluffy" and needed to lose weight. So, since the 5th, I have lost over six pounds, I have not vomited at all, my "tummy tantrums" are all but gone, my legs do not bother me like they used to, I do not crave sweets, and I am more relaxed and alert.  That's a lot of benefits from a product. If you suffer from any of these symptoms, I encourage you to research Plexus and then reach out to someone who uses/sells it. I guarantee you probably know somebody on it who can answer all your questions.

I've been editing the last book in the Forest of the Mist series. I'm 150 pages in and only have 181 more pages to go and then I will turn it in to my editor. Once she goes over it, I will have a second round of edits to clean it all up. The book should be up for sale on December 5th, just in time for Christmas gift giving. Hint, Hint, Hint :)  

Finally, I've been asked a lot recently how I come up with characters for my books. This is a fun question as I get my characters from people I know. Usually I take personality quirks, looks, and physical attributes of two or three people I know to create a character. Sometimes friends will recognize a bit of themselves. They enjoy finding these bits and pieces in the books. Sometimes I borrow their first or last name which they enjoy too. I am writing the last book in the Sasha Bishop series and one of the characters is a vampire bad boy named Blake. So, we all know I don't know any vampires, however I do know a handsome young man named Blake who loves vampire stories. The character mimics the real Blake in a lot of ways and he enjoys the snippets of dialogue I let him read.

That is all for now. Come back on August 25th when I will have another Plexus update and a series feature for the Forest of the Mist.

************************************
Carly Jordynn is the author of young adult, adult, and middle grade fiction. You can follow Carly at the following social media sites.
www.carlyjordynn.com
www.facebook.com/carlyjordynn777
www.twitter.com/@CarlyJordynn
www.pinterest.com/CarlyJordynn

You can purchase Carly's books at:
www.amazon.com
www.bn.com





No comments:

Post a Comment