Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas 2017

Hey guys it's Carly, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I have to say, I was very excited about this Christmas. It wasn't because of the gifts I would receive or even what I had given as presents. It was about time. That's right, time. You see, for years, we have either gone to a relative's house to celebrate or we would have an open house for friends and family to drop in. Over the years, the number attending these gatherings has dropped significantly due to some passing away and others gaining grandchildren so new traditions were made. For the past few years I have just been burned out, not about Christmas, but with all the running, cleaning, buying, cooking, etc... it seems I never had time to just sit back, relax, and enjoy. Well this year was different. This year we did a quiet Christmas and I have to say, I am really enjoying it. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and friends. Spending time with them is fun, but far from relaxing. This morning I woke with the knowledge that I didn't have to go anywhere, I could stay in my pajamas all day, I could color in my adult coloring book, I could write on the new book, I could build the gingerbread house with my daughter. If I didn't want to clean the bathroom, I didn't have too. Get the picture? It was just pure relaxation. Tomorrow, I have to go back to my day job 😒 but at least I have a job to go back to and for that I am grateful. I will also go back with a better attitude because I wasn't working my behind off making sure the house was clean, the food was cooked, and the decorations spot on. 

Today, I woke at o'dark thirty because my daughter wanted to open her presents. We did manage to get breakfast down her first and then the festivities began. Once done, I didn't have to rush to put things away, we were able to go through our gifts and enjoy them. I didn't pick up the paper mess until almost noon. We built the gingerbread house. I colored a picture in my adult coloring book (very stress relieving) and while I did that, some story lines ran through my head. I do plan on writing a little today, but won't sweat it if I don't make a certain word count. 

Over on the Carly Jordynn facebook page, I have been doing three days of giveaway contests. The first one was on Saturday. People had to tell me what the best Christmas gift they received at the age of 12. There were some interesting answers. My daughter picked Rachel Dixon as the winner with the afghan her grandmother made her. Rachel won a signed copy of Forest of the Mist: Travelers, signed copy of Forest of the Mist: Awakening, and a Carly Jordynn T-shirt. Yesterday, was Church. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve service that I always enjoy. Yesterday was also day two of the giveaway contest. Lisa Dirkes won with James Dean as the celebrity she would like to spend Christmas with. Lisa won a signed copy of Sasha Bishop: Retired Slayer, Sasha Bishop: Shifter, and a Carly Jordynn T-shirt. Today is Christmas. The last contest today is to name a gift you always wanted for Christmas and never got. Today's winner will be announced tomorrow and will get a $25 Amazon gift card. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas by either rushing to and fro or taking it nice and slow. See you guys in 2018!

Carly


No comments:

Post a Comment