Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Carly did her first 5K and other news

Hey Guys, it's Carly! I haven't had any guest scheduled for October, so I decided to write about a new experience, my very first ever 5k.


I made a promise to a friend before he passed away that I would train and complete a 5k. The goal being for me to get healthier in the process. He's been gone for three years now so I thought it was time for me to keep that promise. I started walking which I have posted about before. Check out my past blog on the top ten strangest things to happen in the cemetery while I was walking. 

I have also been trying to watch  what I eat. I am down 13 pounds and just completed my first 5k on Saturday. The day was cold and wet. We had a down-pouring of rain on Friday night and were calling for a rain/snow mix on Saturday morning. It was like 36 degrees and miserable. We considered cancelling, but it wasn't raining yet so we decided to go for it. 

I decided I wasn't going to run because the trail was really wet and had debris. I was afraid of falling and that would really mess me up. I did surprisingly well. I walked the complete 3.1 miles in 1 hour 11 minutes. The was my best time ever. I had gone 3.0 miles before and took 1 hour 15 minutes so I went farther and shaved some off my time. We even took a couple of selfies with some cows and pretty trees.

We all got a fun medal and a cape for participating. It was a lot of fun and I fullfilled my promise to my friend. Now that the pressure is off, I think I want to participate in some more 5k's and get to a better me. 

I really want to thank my "girls" who supported me and showed up to battle the elements on Saturday morning with me. Many thanks to Joanne, Deanna, Heather, and Sandy. Also to Lanna who moved recently and did the 5k in her new hometown. We had two other ladies, Debbie and Lisa who had things come up with their kids and couldn't make it, but I value their support all the same.

Earlier in the month, I took my daughter and mom to Tennessee for a little getaway in Pigeon Forge. My daughter was actually at school the day we left. She had no idea we were going. I signed her out early, put her in the Jeep, and announced we were going to Tennessee for the long weekend. She was so surprised she didn't know how to react. We had a wonderful time visiting the Dixie Stampede, Titanic, and the Island. It was so worth it to see the joy and excitement on my daughter's face. 



On the writing front, I have been working hard on Forest of the Mist: Guardians, Sasha Bishop: The Return, and The Last Girlfriend. I'm hoping to have Guardian done by the end of the year. My goal is to finish the Return by March. Those two books will complete both of those series. I can then concentrate on promoting two complete series while finishing The Last Girlfriend.  

Well, that is all for now. Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas. I hope to have some new guests on the blog soon.

Carly




No comments:

Post a Comment