Monday, September 25, 2017

Character Interview with Becka Clemmons of the Health Nut Cafe

Today we are interviewing Becka Clemmons, a character from Rhonda Frankhouser's newest book, Health Nut Cafe.



Thank you for joining us, Becka. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Becka Clemmons. I’m dedicated to running my parent’s cool little restaurant, the Health Nut Café. My mother, Silvy and my best friend, Annie think I should spend more time looking for love, but I have no time for that.

What is your greatest fear and why?
I have a devastating fear of the ocean, for absolutely no reason at all. I wake up in cold sweats from the same nightmare every night. It makes me dread going to sleep.

 What's an item you really want to cross off your bucket list?
I LOVE LOVE LOVE old movies. I work too much to do it, but I would love to tour the homes of old Hollywood stars. That sounds like fun.

 Tell us about your last vacation.
I don’t really take vacations, but my mother just purchased tickets for a Hawaiian vacation for me and my best friend. I know she’s up to something, because she always is, but I’m not sure what. I’m terrified to fly over the ocean to get there, but I’ll go to appease her and to figure out what she has in store for me there.

Do you prefer the mountains or the beach? Why?
I live at the beach and I do love it, but my heart belongs in the mountains. When my father was alive, we escaped up there as often as we could manage. The pine-scented air and the quiet calms me down.

 What's your relationship status?
Much to my mother’s dismay, I haven’t been in a serious relationship since high school.  I don’t have the time or desire to complicate my life. The new owner of Parker’s Antique Bookstore, Jonathan, is the first man who’s had any effect on me in years. And I admit it’s quite an effect. He seems so familiar and yes, gorgeous. I can’t stop thinking about him.

 Anything else you want the readers to know about you?
I think anyone who steps into the Health Nut Café will not be disappointed. We serve up more than just delicious foods, we provide a safe haven for some crazy, beautiful people and solve some mysteries along the way. With the help of my meddlesome, lovely family and friends, I’m sure to solve a few mysteries of my own.

How did you like Becka's interview? Do you want to know more about the Health Nut Cafe? Read on for a short blurb.

Imagine recognizing someone you’ve never seen before…
Becka Clemmons’ one true passion is running the Health Nut Café. Awakened every morning by the same nightmare, Becka sees the world through tainted eyes. She’s never believed in fairytale romances until Jonathan Parker walks through the café door one cool, foggy morning. She struggles to understand why this familiar stranger makes her crave things she’s never craved. Solving the mystery of Jonathan is the first thing that has ever taken her focus away from her cafe.

Imagine missing someone you’ve never met…
Jonathan Parker is the idealistic son of old money who knows exactly what he wants. Day after day he searches to find the missing connection that eludes him, until the morning he lays eyes on Becka. He knows his search is over but the struggle to make her believe has just begun. From that moment he works to prove to Becka that they belong together. 

Will Becka let herself believe? Will Jonathan’s family ruin their chance at love?

Bio of Rhonda Frankhouser:

Rhonda Frankhouser has been an author with SoulMate Publishing since November of 2016. Her debut novel, Return to Ruby's Ranch, earned an InD'Tale Magazine RONE Finalist award, an Uncaged Magazine Raven Finalist, and a Books and Benches Reviewer's Top Pick, Seal of Distinction. Her second release, Health Nut Café, is due out in October 2017. Rhonda lives with her own knight in shining armor in central California, with her two pug puppies, Geddy and Ruby, and their beautiful Labrador, Dutch. 

Follow Rhonda on Social Media:






No comments:

Post a Comment