Wednesday, June 15, 2016

WELCOME BECCA JOHNSON TO CARLY'S VIEW

Carly's View would like to welcome, Becca Johnson, author of DREAMER 1 and DREAMER 2.

Becca is a high school history teacher in Michigan. Her love of history has taken her to 39 of the 50 states and three countries. She hopes to see as much of the world as she can.

When she isn’t teaching she loves to spend as much time as possible with her family. She and her husband have two boys and a little girl on the way this summer in July.

When Becca isn’t teaching, playing with her boys, going to soccer games, or writing, she can be found cooking, reading, or cheering on her favorite Michigan Sport teams. Go MSU, Tigers, and Red Wings!

Dreamer was Becca Johnson’s debut Young Adult novel which came out in June 2014. She started penning it while her students were taking a test. She was teaching middle school social studies in Kentucky and feeling homesick for Michigan. So, she set her novel in her hometown, Troy Michigan.


Dreamer 2 is the second in her series which was released in May 2016.

Blurb for Dreamer 2
Rory Adair has a secret—dreams that foreshadow what is to come…

Things are once again back to normal in Rory’s life. She and Bryce Wyatt helped to find her best friend Stacey after she went missing. Now, Rory is about to turn sixteen, the age where her mom will finally let her date. And Rory knows just who she wants to take her out on her first date. She has a made a hard choice between the Wyatt twins, Ryder and Bryce. Then Rory’s dreams take a dark turn. She dreams that she wakes up in a dark room in a bunk bed and hears whimpering, crying, and scratching at the window. When she peeks through the blinds, she sees a man in a black ski-mask. Rory begins to worry that she’s seeing something bad that’s about to happen. But she doesn’t know what it is—or who it’s going to happen to. So how can she stop it before it’s too late?


Excerpt
I couldn’t believe he’d reacted this way. Didn’t he realize something terrible was about to happen…
                                 
Bryce was rooted in the same spot. He had a blank look on his face. I could see him searching my face. He took a deep breath. “Do you not want to do something with me tonight?”
“I do. I want to talk about my dream with you and figure out what’s happening.”
Bryce’s face turned red. “Nothing’s happening, Rory, except you trying to make your dreams into a mystery as an excuse to not go on a date with me.”
“That is ridiculous, Bryce.” I raised my voice at him.
“Really, all you ever want to talk about is your dreams. Is that why you stopped at my house the other night, too? It wasn’t to see me and spend time with me, was it? You’re obsessed with trying to make your dreams into a mystery.”
Tears flooded my eyes. I was in shock. I didn’t even know what to say to him. I hadn’t ever seen this side to him before.
“You know what, Rory, I don’t think tonight is a good night. I don’t want to talk about your dreams. I wanted to do something fun with you. I wanted to be with you, but not to figure out a mystery and play Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. Let me know.” He gave me a sad look and turned to the door.
I opened my mouth to stop him from leaving, but nothing came out. I watched him open the door and leave without turning to look back at me.


Buy Links for Dreamer 2

Social Media Links


No comments:

Post a Comment